At Arcon, our customers are constantly concerned with the push and pull between several goals of shift scheduling. The three major ones are:
- Adequate Coverage
- Employee Retention
- Saving Budget
Since those three goals are not always in immediate alignment, we did a survey of various “Top 10 lists” to capture sage advice from other experts on scheduling that will help us achieve the best balance between those three goals. Below are our favorites that support these in some fashion with a bit of commentary on what makes each more relevant or stand out in our minds:
- 10 SCHEDULING STRATEGIES TO OPTIMIZE YOUR WORKFORCE – Our favorite is “Strategy #8: Make it Count”
- What is the “best” schedule? – Has great math and scenario examples for Coverage
- 8 Tips to Optimizing Employee Scheduling – Our favorite is “7. Use Cloud-Based Software”
- How to Schedule Shift-Based Workers – “Hourly Employee Scheduling Is a Strategic Process” – We agree. The right system for scaling will save time, money, and turnover.
- Optimizing Your Employee Work Schedules – “Think About the People Behind the Schedule” This goes into matching skills and schedule slots.
- Shift Schedules: The Ultimate How-To Guide – “ 3. Margin Cannibalization ”
- 8 Ways to Optimize Your Employee Shift Scheduling and Avoid Being Another RyanAir – Filled with funny memes and great advice.
- The Ultimate Schedule Optimization Checklist – “Your Schedule Optimization Checklist”
When you are done looking at best practices from a variety of different industry experts, talk with us to learn more about how Arcon can help you balance Coverage, Retention, and Budget.